Friday 24 May 2013






CutCo Spring Event


Baby Endive with Baby Mission Figs & Blue Cheese
I had the pleasure of being one of the lucky food bloggers invited to a Cutco demo and dinner at the Liaison College in downtown Toronto. My two guests, who are great friends and supporters of my blogging, cooking and baking site accompanied me. We were in foodie heaven as we had elegant hors d'oeuvres, cheeses, fruit and Canadian wine by Chateau du Charmes founded in 1978 and produced in our very own Niagara Region, run by 5th generation family members...


Left to Right
Guest Silvia, Marisa; Tasty Delights, Guest Sandra

Toasting with Chateau du Charmes



http://wineriesofniagaraonthelake.com/chateau-des-charmes











It was a glorious evening, casual, friendly and full of information about a high quality product that has been in business since 1948. Although I had never heard of this company before this seminar, I was pleasantly surprised that they sell very good quality knives sold personally home to home much like Avon, Pampered Chef and Tupperware.

We got to do a "hands on demo" with all of their line as we peeled, cut, diced and chopped our own kale, quinoa and fruit salad for dinner!
Our prep table featuring CutCo knives + ingredients

I wasn't shy to use these knives!
I must admit, they were a good weight in my hand and very sharp. Impressive!

I loved the long serrated bread knife as it cleanly cut thin slices of baguettes.


10" Serrated Blade, cuts thin perfect slices
http://www.cutco.ca/products/thumbnail.jsp?category=20

This peeler can peel both ways. Towards you and away, giving you a shaving effect so easy that you can add carrot ribbons, to your salad without pulling out another gadget!.
What peeler does that?
Great for left and right handed people.

 It is sharp, precise and the peels don't stick to the gadget slowing you down.


Since I was the seasoned "cook" of the group I looked around the well stocked professional kitchen for other items that I could "test" this particular tool with...we found, apples and potatoes and they equally peeled efficiently.  As a skeptic, I didn't want to just use their ingredients. I wanted to "see" if their product really worked with other fruits and vegetables that weren't part of dinner.

Happily it is a great item. I am not being paid to endorse this or any other product from this company. This is my opinion an no one elses.

Ross our sales rep was informative and had a great deal of product knowledge. These high quality stainless steel knives have a lifetime guarantee against damages and are sharpened for free!
They also have an extensive stainless steel cookware line available.

Our Prep area, making a delish raw Kale Salad with lemon juice and segmented orange slices
Sales Rep Extraordinaire, Ross and
 Rancha Connell National Sales Director
 caught quickly walking by!
 
 
More Treats!
Bite Sized Delights
Bite Size Caprese on a Stick
&
Bite size Polenta & Mushroom 



Mini Blini with Smoked Salmon & whipped cream with

Pickled Red Onions

Divine!

Cheese Knives
displayed on the Appetizer Table


The 10" Serrated Bread Knife
easily cut away the Pineapple peel and core 
for this refreshing Poppy Seed Fruit Salad

 Promotional Giveaways
As if we weren't treated Royally to begin with
More goodies to be raffled off!


I won 3 Cookbooks from Rose Reisman
a well known Canadian Chef.
If that wasn't enough our swag bags contained
the wonderful Chateau du Charmes
wine, a knife, cookbook and my much loved peeler!
Thank you to Cutco
for a fabulous and informative evening.

That's not all!
 
Here is your chance for 1 lucky winner to win
WIN CUTCO Studio + 4 Set with Block $570 value.
Canada only giveaway, ending Friday June 21st 
 

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a great bread knife Marisa. I like a good peeler too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that bread knife. Many of them are not made long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! They aren't long enough Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Heather it glides very well. Yesterday instead od snapping off the ends of my asparagus I just peeled the bottoms and sliced the end off . It saved so much of the asparagus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try that peeler. I've seen chefs whip up and down carrots to peel them and it does sound like it would be great with asparagus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it really is a great product Ritsin

    ReplyDelete