When my daughter found this recipe I really didn't believe that there was nothing to bind these cookies like oil or eggs!
But, they are very nutritious if you can ignore the chocolate (I don't)
For those of us looking to have our cake and eat it too! These cookies make it easy, affordable and are guilt FREE
For those of you with dietary restrictions, they are gluten free and vegan!
1 cup toasted pecans/almonds
1 cup & 1 tablespoon of oat flour (make own in a blender or processor)1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or agave syrup
3 tablespoon brown rice syrup (or honey)
1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup dried sweetened cranberries
3 tablespoons papita seeds/ chia seeds
3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips dark (omit if you want a vegan recipe)
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Bake and toast pecans for 8-10 mins,cool. When ready, grease or line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients. In a seperate smaller bowl whisk together wet ingredients.
3) In a mini processor or by hand process the pecans/almonds into small crumbs. Stir into dry ingredients.
4) Add wet to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Dough will be sticky. Fold in the mix-ins.
5) With lightly wet hands, grab about 2 tablespoons of dough and shape into a ball and place on baking sheet. Repeat until finished.
6) Bake for 10-12 minutes and cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes
Makes approx. 12-16 cookies depending on the size.