Monday, 28 September 2015

Chunky Monkey Bundt Cake
with
Reese's Fudge Center




 I was so lucky to be one of the bloggers to sample the new Reese's Peanut Butter spread!
Everyone's favourite Reese's Pieces candy is now available in an incredibly delicious spread!
All I can say to that is
"What took them so long"
It truly is delicious.
My son and I dug into it as soon as it arrived in the mail and we were both impressed.
I was trying to think of what to make with it that would showcase it's great taste. Spreading it onto bread or fruit which are both equally delish is what most would do to enjoy this new product.
I really wanted to see what I could do with its consistency and how its flavour would hold up to baking. It took me a week of brain storming with the family;
 
a) what combinations of flavours would go with my favourite candy and showcase this great spread
 

b) should I wait until I have guests to create something?
 
c) do I make it simple of flashy?
 
Then a rare occurrence happened in my house...there were leftover bananas....
They actually were black and everyone wanted
to throw them out!

Well, this is exactly how ripe bananas should look like to get the most flavor in a banana cake.
Completely blackened skin and mushy inside.
Even too mushy for a smoothie.
This lends a lovely speckled colour to the cake.
So,
   now I had....
  Bananas, peanuts, chocolate
need I say more?
You don't Monkey around tee hee...with this combo...
I really wanted to see if I could create a fudgy soft tunnel with Reese's Peanut butter chocolate spread and have it sink exactly where I wanted it to go.
Never have I attempted this.
The cake batter has to be fairly thick for this to happen and the fudge ring cannot be too dense or it will sink to the bottom.
But,
I was prepared to test this recipe more than once
for quality assurance purposes of course!
As is turns out...it was quite perfect on my 1st try

This center is fudgy, moist and my family and guests were quite pleased with the sweetness, texture and most of all the
taste
In fact comments were: the banana doesn't take over the chocolate peanut butter taste.
But, before I got to see where the tunnel was I needed to make a ganache and I really was not familiar with this product and the only ganache I ever made was with real chocolate and cream.
Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread mixed perfectly with the canned coconut milk I
had on hand.
I doubled the recipe to cover this large cake
 and it's a shiny spectacular effect.
It stays where you pour it and remains soft.

 
Chunky Monkey with Reese's Fudge Center
 
 
Here's what you'll need:
 
3 over ripe bananas
1 cup oil
4 lg eggs
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
 
2 cup yogourt
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup salted roasted peanuts
 
Fudge
1 cup Reese's Chocolate PB Spread
1 orange zested
4 tbsp. flour
1 lg egg
 
 
 
Blend bananas, eggs, oil and sugar together.


 
 Stir the yogourt and baking soda together.
Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl.
Alternating with the yogourt mixture while blending on low speed.
Fold in the peanuts when all is mixed;
pour and scrape the cake mixture into an oiled and floured or sprayed bundt pan.
 
 
 
 
 

Using the same bowl,
 

 
Add the fudge ingredients and blend.
 
Pour into the center of the cake mold.
 
 
Bake in a preheated 350F for 80 min or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean.
Rest for 10 min.
 
 Unmold onto a rack and completely cool.
This can be done 1 day in advance.
Pouring the Ganache when needed.
 
Reese's Ganache
 
 
Reese's Ganache
 
1 cup Reese's Chocolate PB Spread
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
 
Whisk the ingredients together and pour over cake.
Leave aside 1/4 cup for extra drizzling.




 Enjoy with Love!

The post is sponsored by Hershey’s Canada and I have been compensated monetarily and with product.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment