Tuesday, 3 June 2014



 How do you use #Herbamare
by
A. Vogel
  A. Vogel a long standing company with deep rooted beliefs in the health industry has sent me samples yet again!
Last year around this time I was selected to test their 
Sprouting System
http://tastyd.blogspot.ca/2013/06/a_26.html
 with great enjoyment and success. 
I am still using it to make sprouts monthly!
This time I am able to test their healthy Sea Salt blends called
#Herbamare
with no MSG, Preservatives,  Additives and Certified Organic
 Zesty, Original and Sodium Free
 They're 2/3 sea salt to 1/3 organically grown vegetables ratio
makes for a nice complete seasoning addition to any foods but, 
light enough that it doesn't over power your artisinal additions.
Because I had them on my counter throughout the week, I just used them as I would my own sea salt. I found them to be very versatile and handy to have around the kitchen.
It was very convenient for me and my junior home chefs not 
to have to rely on reaching for other spices. 
This is great for when you are in a hurry too. 
When I had the time, I just added herbs to this blend if needed.
For breakfast I added it to my veggies while they cooked

The travel size is great for camping, picnics, teenage dorms etc.
Then I added it to the eggs afterwards.
The fine grind doesn't leave big salty bites like an extra pinch of regular grind does 
when you don't mix it in properly.
Here is my omelet topped with sprouts!

Salsa Chicken Meatloaf
 
Generally when I make meatloaf the boys always want beef! 
Otherwise it's just not "meatloaf"
Well, as I continue my New Years Resolution diet,
(I've lost 15lbs and counting!)
I want lighter foods. 
Fish and chicken fits my needs.
They are much lighter for cool spring days 
and faster to cook  
 

I decided to add Zesty #Herbamare to my; 

Salsa Meatloaf:
3 lbs of ground chicken
1/3 red pepper diced
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 grated carrot, on large holes of grater
1 cup salsa or tomato sauce
2 lg eggs
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp Zesty Herbamare
1 green onion and 1 small yellow onion, chopped


 Blend by hand until thoroughly mixed.
Press into a loaf pan.
(This recipe makes 2 meatloaf's or 4-5 extra burgers)
 
Thickly drizzle 1/4-1/2 cup of your fave BBQ sauce on top.

Bake for 1 @ 350F covered with foil. 
Uncover and cook for another
1/2 hr.
This was so delish that the boys had seconds!
I even had leftovers for the next day lunches. 

Grilled Spicy Porkchops 
with
BBQ Asian Baby Bok Choy

Years ago I was introduced to BBQ'd pork chops.
Never had I used this cut on the Barbie.
But they cook quickly and they are succulent.
I know Chef Mario Batali loves to put greens on the Barbie, but I never have tried baby bok choy!
Well I was in for a surprise.
When placed on the grill they immediately sizzled causing everything to have a nice steam bath...
more moisture!
These usually release alot of moisture in a pan but, this way they cooked a little bit crunchy, with a nice smoky taste and the addition of the dressing.

Zesty Pork Chops


Rub:
Sprinkle lightly with any #Herbamare flavour on both sides.
add 2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili flakes
Allow to sit for 30min at room temp.
Place on preheated 300F BBQ grill or grill pan.
Cook for 5-7 min. on each side until caramelized.
 Place Bok Choy on hot grill
With tongs turn every 2-3 min to distribute heat.
Cook for 10 min.
 Asian Dressing:
3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 lemon, juiced 
Blend together and toss into bok choy.

Zesty Pickerel

I haven't had pickerel in years.
It is readily fished in our great lakes but,
I rarely see it in grocery stores.
This lovely delicate tasting firm white fish is great for the BBQ or oven baking.
Now that the weather is warming up, I love to cook fish on the Barbie.
All the aromas and fuss dissipates outside.
No pans to clean either!

This dish was the easiest to make of all of them!
I picked the Original flavoured #Herbamare and just sprinkled outside and inside the fish!
It's that easy!
I added an extra dash all over with paprika for colour and cooked on the BBQ for 15 min on each side. The skin got lovely and crisp.
I actually like to eat a bit before peeling it easily back and flaking the white fish.
Add a touch of the #Herbamare with a squeeze
of lemon for extra flavour.
This was a delicate low cal meal.

Balsamic Glazed Wings
Who doesn't like sticky wings?
My boys love wings and I love experimenting with flavours!
These easy pop in the oven wings are great for any get together or in my case a cool spring evening!

Sticky Balsamic Glazed Wings
2-3 lbs cleaned wings
*3 tbsp reduced balsamic syrup
1 tsp original #Herbamare
3 sprigs of thyme
1 tsp sriracha sauce
Place the chicken in a roasting dish.
Pour the remaining ingredients over and mix to coat thoroughly.
Place in a preheated 375F oven for 1 1/2 hrs turning every 30 min to brown nicely.
*Can be found in specialty shops. If you can't find it make your own.
reduce 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar with 1 tbsp sugar until it reaches a syrup consistancy. 

How do you use #Herbamare ?

My favourite all year and all time is dish is
Risotto
Creamy, fragrant and oh so satisfying!
Leftovers can easily be brown bagged or turned into rice balls

Cremini Mushroom Risotto
2 tbsp EVOO
1 peeled small onion, chopped
1 cup sliced, cleaned, cremini mushrooms
 2 cup arborio rice
 1/2 cup white wine
6 cup homemade chicken broth
1 tsp Herbamare
2-3 tbsp chopped parsley
Parmesan for sprinkling

In a preheated medium sauce pot add oil, mushrooms and onion. Saute for 5 min. on medium heat to soften.
Add rice, stir with a wooden spoon to coat and toast each grain.
Add wine and continue stirring, reducing the wine.
Begin to add broth 1 cup at a time cooking and stirring to reduce the liquid. Stir often so that rice does not stick to the bottom.
This should take 40-45 min depending on the rice and heat of the stove.
Add the #Herbamare, taste to adjust.
Garnish with cheese and parsley
Enjoy with love!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment