Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Mushroom Leek & Asparagus
Risotto
Steaming Risotto made easy in the
Bellini Kitchen Master

 
Now that the cold weather is hear, we tend to hibernate a little.
I take great comfort in hot stews, soup and slow cooked foods.
They keep me warm and comfortable after a long day.
This dish was prepared using 1 pot with the
Bellini Kitchen Master
It blended the rice to an almost porridge consistency, which was really smooth and delish!
Risotto can easily be a one pot meal for lunch or dinner.
I like to use it as a side with a hearty protein and the Bellini helped me take my mind off of stirring this generally sticky finicky dish so I could take care of the other dishes I had to prepare.
 
Mushroom Leek & Asparagus Risotto
 
1 leek washed well, sliced into coins
1 tbsp. EVOO
1/3 cup white wine
1 cup brown rice
1/3 cup kamut grains
1 cup Arborio rice
6 cup broth
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp. flat leaf parsley, minced
 
Place the oil and leeks into the bowl with the blending blade on.
Cook for 3min. @ 100c on speed 2
Add the wine, and grains. Lock the lid on again.
Cook for 40 min on speed 3 @100c with the cap off to allow steam to escape.
*Every 6-10 min pour in 1 cup of broth until grains are al dente*
 
10 min before all grains are cooked add herbs.
 
Topping:
 
2 tbsp. EVOO
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 large cremini mushrooms
1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends off
1/4 jalapeno
pinch of salt
1/4 cup parmesan
 
In a small saucepan 10 min before grains are cooked add oil, jalapeno and garlic to a small preheated skillet. Cook until lightly golden in colour.
Add mushrooms and asparagus, sauté for 5-7 min. until slightly brown with crisp edges on med. high heat.
Season with salt.
Layer or stir into risotto and top with cheese.

My Thoughts about the BKM

I have come to the end of my experimental period using this machine. I have to say it was a great help in the kitchen. Being a seasoned cook, I enjoyed it taking away some of my prep and cooking time.
Yes,  I love to be creative in the kitchen and love to see and smell my foods as I cook and bake
but...
if my recipe is a repeat during the weeknight dinners I know what it will taste and smell like when sautéing or cooking
so....
I really enjoyed it being able to cut down on some of my work load. As baking is a science, I really enjoyed experimenting with this top quality machine.
1.  It pulverized my hard parmesan pieces which I would have had to through out.
2.  It cooks my Risotto to a cream state.
 
3. My bread was kneaded in 30 seconds.
 
4. My pie crust was mixed in 30 seconds with     minimal water.
 
5. I enjoyed using the steam basket for a 2nd side dish.
 
6. My kids were able to easily use it for smoothies.
 
7. Hubby (my dishwasher) commented how easy the clean up was! That's saying something...tee hee
 
 

As I discussed it's advantages with my readers and friends,
this machine's price is cheaper than the total combined price of appliances in your kitchen.
 
It is sturdier and far more powerful than the "cooking" appliances I have seen on the market.
On the whole, I was quite pleased with this appliance and would enjoy using it on a weekly basis.
 
Enjoy with love!


No comments:

Post a Comment