Thursday, 17 October 2013

Yam Gluten Free
Bread
There is nothing like the scent of baking bread in the kitchen.
In fact, when my son arrived home hours after baking was finished he asked, what I had baked.

I actually had baked a squash pie and forgot about the bread because I make this for me, then slice and freeze it.
So, when he insisted that it smelled like I had been baking bread, I was reminded that indeed I had made bread earlier in the day and forgot about it.
~Must be old age~

But like I said, there is nothing like the scent of baking bread and it lingers for hours and hours welcoming anyone into your home.
This bread was kneaded in 30 seconds
With the Bellini Kitchen Master
 http://cedarlaneculinary.ca

 Let's start;

Yam Gluten Free Bread
In the stainless steel bowl
add 2 tsp. yeast
1 tsp honey
1 cup warm water

Allow to sit and foam for 10min. With the cover off
 To the bowl add:

1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup + 4 tbsp brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
4 tbsp tapioca starch
3 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp white vinegar
2 lg eggs + 1 egg white for wash
4 tbsp EVOO
1/4 cup cooked yam, cooled
1/4 cup quinoa flour

Lock on the lid and mix
for 30 seconds on speed 8



 Using the spatula scrape out the dough and spoon into a greased and floured loaf pan.

Spread with a spatula. The dough is quite
sticky as it has no gluten.
Brush on the remaining egg white and sprinkle with 
2 tsp white or black sesame seeds.

Place in a unheated oven with the light on to rise for 30 min.
Bake in a preheated 
350F for 50-60min until an inserted skewer comes out dry.

This recipe was adapted from the Baking Beauties GF Bread

Enjoy with love!





No comments:

Post a Comment